Friday, January 24, 2014

Selective Thinking...

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?" ~Luke 12:25

There are things that I choose not to think about, for I know that they would just cause unneeded and unhelpful worry.  In the forefront of my mind, today, is this image of my husband standing in the back of a cargo plane that's opened up to the sea.  This is part of his job, I know, and I'm so proud of him for what he does, but, I simply cannot think about the risks he will take when he leaves on a mission.  Instead, I choose to trust.  I trust that he knows what he's doing and is taking every precaution.  I trust that the people he's with are also taking every precaution to ensure the safety of the crew.  Most importantly, I trust that no matter what happens on that mission over those waters, "God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." ~Romans 8:28  

If I do think about it...after he's home safe, of course...it's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment