Thursday, January 16, 2014

Let's Start a Tidal Wave!!

Today, I was caught off-guard.  Out of nowhere, a woman (a mother, and soon-to-be-grandmother) whom I deeply respect and admire, complimented my parenting.  It felt like a wave of calm had washed over me...because, you see, I, like most moms, am often second-guessing myself and my parenting abilities.  When days and weeks are challenging, I worry that I'm not giving my best to our children.  But, being the recipient of a heartfelt compliment seemed to help wash that away and ease my mind.

Nowadays, I see so many posts about moms being judgmental of others, or playing the mommy-wars.  I'm going to sidestep all of that completely...and instead...offer just one piece of advice...

Moms...build each other up.  

Build each other up by praying for one another, when you know another mom is struggling.
Build each other up by offering to help wherever a need may be.
And today...right now...let's build each other up by starting a tidal wave of compliments for fellow moms...because you never know which mom in your life could really use it right now.

To my sister-in-law...I can't even imagine how much energy it takes just to make it through the day with your three little ones.  I'm so impressed with your determination to do everything in your power for your children.  You're doing a great job!

And to my sister...You have steered your family through circumstances that no mom should ever have to face...and you have done it with AMAZING strength and faith.  You are the embodiment of trusting God's promise that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."(Romans 8:28)  

You are both raising fantastic children.  Of course, I may be a little biased about my nieces and nephews, but really...they are AWESOME! :)

Now, a challenge...keep the compliments going for one another...comment on this post with your appreciation for the efforts of the moms around you.  Share this post, and let's build each other up!

Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things, 
but you surpass them all."
(Proverbs 31:28-29)


No comments:

Post a Comment